Sunday, October 22, 2017

Lisbon!

I have now been in Lisbon for 2,5 weeks. I still live in a hotel which is really starting to annoy me, and I don't know when I will get an apartment. At work I have finished the two weeks training and next week I will sign my contract. The job itself is quite simple and easy, but of course I have to ask all the time about many things, as always when you start a new job. Our training group was really nice and we had a lot of fun, it was only us Finns, and Norwegians in the group. I got friends here to have fun with (and we do) and so far I have enjoyed my stay! As I've said many times before, I love the mountains but I need to live near water. And already one friend (from Finland) has booked his flight to come over in December for a few days! ☺

I already have portuguese phone number and bank account, and will get my NIF number (to pay taxes, happy happy joy joy) next week, and probably also the social security number. All I need is an address... but I will get that eventually. At least I go out a lot, just can't sit in this small and dark hotel room. Last Sunday I went to Sintra (visited the National Palace and the Pena Palace), yesterday went to a bus tour with a friend around Lisbon, and today I went to Cascais. I will write a separate post about Sintra and Cascais, otherwise this post would be way too long.

To keep this post short, here are some of my photos of Lisbon! Some photos were taken in the first days, and some yesterday from the bus. It was a double decker, we sat up of course, in the back seat drinking white wine (shocking isn't it) with straws, and giggled a lot 😂. 





















I really enjoy the city, the atmosphere, the people, the sea food (oh yes, the sea food!!!), and of course THE OCEAN!!!!!!!! I don't think I have any problems staying here at least over the winter, maybe for a full year too! In few days (meaning in a month) I will write a post about Sintra and Cascais. Next weekend I am also having a weekend off, and planning on a weekend trip but I am not sure yet where. Maybe to the south (Algarve) or to north (Porto). Who knows where I will end up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment