Sunday, September 23, 2018

Dingle Peninsula Tour

Again it took me 2 weeks to write this post, but I have just been too busy in the evenings doing nothing :D. So, this post is about Dingle Peninsula Tour I did 2 weeks ago. I booked the tour with Paddywagon again, the price was 39 €. Departure was at 8.30 in the evening and we returned about 12 hours later. It was a long, and enjoyable, day. First stop was Killarney, and I read that it has been voted as the most beautiful town in Ireland. Since it was Sunday morning hardly anything was open but I was able to get a cup of tea anyway. Lovely place though, could spend a weekend there too. Then we drove to Inch Beach, stopped there a little while to take some photos, before continuing to Slea Head drive. Absolutely GORGEOUS scenery! There is also the most western point of Europe by the way. Did a few stops on the way to take photos, and then stopping a longer time in Dingle. You know the most famous resident of Dingle? It is Fungi, the dolphin. Dolphins are so cute… ❤. And they do NOT belong in aquariums, and neither do whales!

The day was a bit cloudy and very windy, but luckily no rain. It sure rains here a lot… got really nasty flu a week ago and had to take a couple of sick days too. I am feeling much better now but winter is coming! Not sure how I am going to handle the winter here, but we'll see. Last weekend I went to get a bike, here they have Bike2work scheme. Your employer issues you a cheque to buy the bike (and some necessary accessories), and then they deduct a certain amount from your salary to pay it back. But you pay it back without taxes, so it is a very good system to the employee. So I went to Bike Shop (that is the actual name of that shop), I chose the bike I want, the helmet (WEAR A HELMET!!!), and all the other stuff I need including a very bright yellow jacket. Seriously, you need sunglasses to look at it. Well, the guy calculated all the stuff together, and the total price is 666 €. I just couldn't stop laughing, the demonic shopping! :D

Anyway, here are the pics from Dingle Peninsula Tour





This house is made of stone, including the roof!









The Sleeping Giant


Perfect example of Irish logic :D










Otherwise… I have 3 bigger trips coming up this year. In few weeks I am going to Shetland! I just got to my head that I want to go to Shetland, so I booked flights and accommodation. Maybe the end of October is not the best time but I will enjoy it anyway. I was thinking about taking the ferry from Scotland, but then I read that the sea can be quite rough then, and they also have to cancel the ferry sometimes because of that. So I decided to fly. Weirdly the most reasonable flights are via Amsterdam and Aberdeen. Makes no sense to me to fly to Amsterdam first but that's my flight. I will stay in Lerwick for 4 nights, no idea what I will do there but I will find out :). Then in November I will be in Cyprus for a week, and in December 4 nights in Palma. I won't be doing much weekend trips because I have to save for those bigger trips…


I will move next weekend still very happy about that! I hope I will post something before Shetland, I have already started to write a post called Nomadic Alphabets. Knowing myself, the next post will be 3 weeks after visiting Shetland. Until then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment